giovedì 23 novembre 2017

THE QUEEN OF ALL WATERFALLS

It might not be the highest one (52 mt drop), but it’s so wide 790mt that it’s for sure one of the most scenic ones and probably the most worldwide known falls. The horseshoe band falls we are used to see in movies and documentaries are not the American ones, but the Canadian ones.



The horseshoe fall is the most powerful waterfall in North America, with more than 168.000 cubic meters of water going over the crest every minute, it-s actually impressive. I didn’t had great expectations as I thought I’d seen the falls so many times in movies and pictures, but being in front of it…has been emotional.


I honestly don’t get why it is such a honeymoon destination….don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful, but the city itself (at least the one on the Canadian side) is so fake that it doesn’t even look nice. I think it’s cool for kids, because of all the attractions, but I don’t see why adults should be interested in spending more than 1 night there.


Anyways…November is not such a bad time of the year to visit it as it is not crowded, and I’ve been so lucky to have 2 beautiful sunny days. The first day it was -5 degrees, and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do the cruise coz I thought I would get too wet and cold, but I did it and….surprise…we didn’t get wet at all. I was kind of disappointed then...ahahhahaha. I did ask myself if all those pictures and videos of people getting completely wet were actually fake.


Well…the day after I got the answer. All around the waterfall there was so much mist that it looked like it was raining…a lot! And people coming back from the cruise looked miserable! Maybe the day before it was too cold, that’s why there was almost no mist? I have no idea, but I’m glad it happened.


Walking Rainbow bridge to go on the US side was kind of a funny experience…border officer asking you “why are you crossing the border???????”…”ehmmmmm to see the the waterfalls from this side???”, same thing when you get back 2 hours later…come on I’m walking around taking pictures, I have no baggage, what do you think I’m gonna do?



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento