venerdì 10 novembre 2017

WINTERTIME IN JASPER - ENGLISH

Very easy post ... there's not much to tell about this my second visit to Jasper, but I have lots of beautiful photos !!!!!

 


The atmosphere and especially the temperature is very different from October (and we are only on November 3rd) I arrived in an unusually cold week, we are around -10 / -17 during the day and -22 / -25 at night, but I'
am equipped, at least I think so!On my first day I decide to take a walk, the sky is clear and the sun is shining .... how cold could it be? A LOT!


 
 
Just 7 minutes after I left he hostel I start thinking that I should go back ... ahahahahah, but I decided to continue. I want to go to Annette Lake 2 hours 20 mins round trip, I can do it!
At about halfway I come across a cheerful family of about 15 Wapiti, beautiful, but dangerous! 




While deciding if it would be better to go back or not, I take a deviation from the main path to take some picture from a safer position.The magic encounter distracts me from the cold and I continue, fortunately, as the Athabasca River offers a spectacular show, it's almost frozen!




After walking trough a forest I finally reach Annette Lake, the lake shore is frozen too to the point where I can walk on it.
Never seen frozen sand before!
 


I would like to stay a little longer, but the wind starts to rise and it's not fun at all! On the way back, since I've been wandering for 4 hours already, and I can really feel the cold up to the bone marrow I decide to ask for a lift to return to the city.
A lady who emigrated 12 years ago from Jamaica (crazy) saves my life and says it's the third time she picks up an Italian ... incredible!
 

The second day is so cold that I can't spend more than 20 consecutive minutes outside, but I have several things to do since I'm boarding a 63-hour train to Toronto! Will I be the only crazy one or will I have worthy adventure buddies?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento