domenica 19 novembre 2017

TORONTO - ENGLISH

As I have only 48 hours time to visit Toronto I decide to have a walk around the city, which is anyway my favourite way to get to know a new place. I also really need to move after spending 3 days on a train. :-)



I pass by the city hall while going to what really attracts me... Graffiti Alley! There are actually hundreds of streets painted with murals and graffiti in Toronto, there is also a dedicated guide.



I'll have a tour of the center, where I decided not to go up to the CN Tower (which is not  the highest in the world anymore), not to visit the aquarium and not to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame! Don't judge me ... I have no time, but I had a look at all 3 store to an idea!




I skip all this because I prefer to take the ferry to Ward Island from where you can enjoy the magnificent view of the city skyline. I did not expect anything more than this, instead I found out that this island comes out of a fairy tales book, small roads, bridges, lots of colorful wood little houses, golsings, beaches, a great view on Lake Ontario (it really looks like the ocean) and a fantastic sunset.





Day 2, let's start with the University of Toronto, a series of truly well-kept Victorian and Romanesque buildings (among other things is the Graduation Day), a tour of the Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario stores, and then heading towards Kensington Market and China Town.



I must admit that it is one of the most colorful Chinese neighborhoods I have seen in western cities. Since today's temperature is less clement, it's really windy and it gets dark at 4pm, I decide to visit the famous Eaton Center, a huge shopping mall with a glass bridge to reach the Hudson Bay store.
It wasn't enough time time to visit this city, but I'm going to Niagara Falls tomorrow!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento